UK Incorporation
You can now register your own UK company more easily, quickly and cost effectively then ever. Use our online service, or call the office, and your application will be submitted to Companies House instantly. You can start trading within 4h. We offer clean company formation.
For You Company
Register as a Self Employer
Our company can help you with registration as a self employer. Please see our service. Setting up as a self-employed sole trader is the simplest and quickest way to start a one-person business.
LTD Company Registration
Now with our company you can register your LTD company within 6-8 hours. This is on line registration. Your company will be register with your choice of companies’ officers and address. Price starts from £25.00!
PLC Company within 6-8h
Our company will form your PLC company within 6-8 hours. This is on line registration. Your company will be register with your choice all company officers and address. There is only one application to fill out.
Why not a LLP?
Our company will help you to register Limited Liability Partnership. Formation usually takes 7 days. Your company will be register with your choice all company members and address.
Our company will support your company in accountancy and bookkeeping service. We will care about your TAX, VAT Return. We will process your payrolls, vat applications. We will take care about your finance. Let us help you.
Registered Address Service
Our company offers prestigious street address in central London that can provide a polished image for your business and allow you to keep your business and personal lives separate. If you do not have UK address this is perfect solution for you.
Nominee Secretary Service
ABS can provide a nominee company secretary for your private limited company. The nominee company secretary service is ideal for sole directors unable to find someone to take on this role.
Apostille and Legalization
Do you need special documents certify by Companies House with apostille legalization. Please review our service.
VAT Registration
If you wish we can register your company for VAT on your behalf, by using the VAT Online Registration Service.
Companies House Web Filing
All registered companies are required to submit a variety of information on their business activities. Also you need notify Companies House about all changes in your company. If you do not provide this information your company will be proposed for liquidation. Our company offers Companies House Filing Service - with this service you can amend all necessary information. With this service you can promptly fulfil Companies' House requirements.
Opening Bank Account
All companies after company formation in order to start trading need to open bank account. ABS can offer you introductions to all of the major UK banks
Phone Numbers
We are one of the UK's leading suppliers of Non Geographic Numbers, Memorable Numbers, Geographic Numbers and Premium Rate Numbers. All of our Numbers can be Routed to Landline or Mobile Destinations anywhere in the World, or be used as an Inbound Number or as a Fax to Email Number

Choosing a company name
Can I choose any name I want for my company?
Yes, however, several regulations can affect your choice. For example, all company names must end with the words 'Limited', 'Unlimited', 'Public Limited Company', or their abbreviations or Welsh equivalents. Certain companies may apply for exemption from using 'limited' – for instance charity companies. All companies which are commonhold associations must end their name with ‘commonhold association limited’ or the Welsh equivalents. Right to manage companies must end their name with ‘RTM company limited’ or the Welsh equivalent. All companies which are community interest companies (CICs) must have names which end with the words ‘community interest public limited company’, ‘community interest company’ or their abbreviations or Welsh equivalents.
Could my choice of name be rejected?
Yes, if:
- it is 'the same as' a name already on the index;
- it includes the words 'limited', 'unlimited', 'public limited company' or ‘community interest company’ anywhere except at the end of the name. This applies equally to abbreviations or the Welsh equivalent of the words;
- it ends with ‘commonhold association limited’ or the Welsh equivalent (unless the company is a commonhold association);
- it ends with ‘community interest public limited company’, ‘community interest company’ (or abbreviations or Welsh equivalents) unless the company is a community interest company;
- it includes anywhere in the company name any of the following: ‘investment company with variable capital’ (or its Welsh equivalent); ‘open-ended investment company’ (or its Welsh equivalent); ‘limited liability partnership’ (or its Welsh equivalent); ‘SE’ (or the abbreviation SE bracketed or with other punctuation marks before or after the abbreviation). For more information, see our booklet The European Company: Societas Europaea (SE);
- it is offensive;
- its use would be a criminal offence.
In addition, some names need the approval of the Secretary of State before they can be registered. These include names which contain words prescribed by regulations and names which suggest a connection with central or local government. If these categories are avoided, you can normally have your choice of name.
What does 'the same as' mean?
When deciding whether a name is 'the same as' another name, the Registrar ignores punctuation, the company's status, 'the' at the start of the name, and words like 'company (or co)', 'and (or &) company (or co)'. A name that sounds the same as one already on the Company Names Index may be accepted if the two names are spelt differently. For example, if the name 'Hands Limited' is already registered, then the following would be rejected:
- Hands Public Limited Company (or PLC)
- H and S Limited (or Ltd)
- H and S Public Limited Company (or PLC)
- H & S Limited (or Ltd)
- any of the above, with the addition of 'Company (or Co)' or 'and (or &) Company (or Co)'
You should be aware that if you adopt a name which misleads the public into believing that your business is that of another business - for example, trading as a department store under the name 'Harrods' - then you may face a legal action for 'passing off' by the person whose business you have affected. Registration of a name by Companies House is no guarantee that you are safe from such an action.
Which names need approval?
Names which need approval are those which include words or expressions set out in statutory regulations and names which give the impression that the company is connected with HM Government or with a local authority. Full lists of 'sensitive' words are at Appendices A, B and C on Companies House web site.
- If you choose a name that includes any of the words listed in Appendix A, you will probably be asked to supply supporting information before registration. You should write, enclosing information in support of your application, to the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry at Companies House in Cardiff (for English and Welsh companies) or in Edinburgh (for Scottish companies).
- If your choice of name includes any of the words listed in Appendix B, then you will need to write to the 'relevant body' to ask if they have any objection (and if so, why) to your use of the word or expression in your company name. When you write to the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry at Companies House, Cardiff or Edinburgh to ask for approval of the name, you must enclose a copy of any reply you have received from the 'relevant body'.
- The use of some words and expressions is covered by other legislation and their incorrect use in company names might be a criminal offence. Those known to Companies House are listed at Appendix C. If you wish to include one of these words or expressions in your company name, then you should contact the relevant regulatory authority, or ask us for advice.
- If your chosen name gives the impression that your company is connected with HM Government or with a local authority, then you will need the written approval of the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry before the name can be registered. Write to the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry at Companies House, Cardiff or Edinburgh, as appropriate, giving as much detail as you can to support your application. Such names will normally only be approved where you can show that a genuine connection exists and where the relevant government body supports the application. 
What are sensitive words and expressions
These are words and expressions that, when used in a company name, may imply business pre-eminence, a particular status or a specific function. For this reason, they have been prescribed in regulations as requiring the approval of the Secretary of State. The aim is to ensure that use of the word is justified so that the public is not misled by the name.
What types of words and expressions are sensitive?
The following words imply national or international pre-eminence:
British - approval of this word in your company name will depend on how it is used. Normally the Secretary of State would expect the company to be British owned. You would need to show that the company is pre-eminent in its field by providing supporting evidence from an independent source such as a Government department or a trade association. If the word 'British' is qualified by words that do not describe an activity or product, for example by using a 'made-up' word, then evidence of pre-eminence is not necessarily essential. But you would be expected to show that your company is substantial in relation to its activity or product and that it is eminent in its own field.
England, English, Scotland, Scottish, Wales, Welsh, Ireland or Irish - if you wish to use these words as a prefix to your company name, the rules are similar to those for 'British'. You will usually be given approval to use any of these words as a suffix if you show that the company has its main place of business in the country concerned. If you want to use one of these words because it is a surname, you will usually be given approval if the company name includes forenames or initials.
European - names which include this word will not be approved if they unjustifiably imply a connection with official bodies of the European Union. If there is a genuine connection with an official body, the name may be allowed if the appropriate body supports the application.
Great Britain or United Kingdom - if you wish to use these expressions as a prefix, or to use 'of Great Britain' or 'of the United Kingdom' as a suffix, then the criteria are the same as for 'British'. If the words are used as a suffix to the name, they are normally allowed without difficulty. Using the initials 'GB' or 'UK' in your company name does not require approval.
International - if you wish to use this word as a prefix, you need to show that the major part of the company's activities is in trading overseas. If you wish to use it as a suffix, then approval will usually be given if you can show that the company operates in two or more overseas countries.
National - the criteria for use of this word are the same as for 'British'.

The following words imply business pre-eminence or representative or authoritative status:
association, federation or society - if you wish to use one of these words, your company would normally be limited by guarantee. Each member should have one vote and the constitution should contain a non-profit distribution clause. This provides that any profits should be used to further the objects of the company and not be paid to the members as dividends.
authority, board or council
institute or institution - approval for use of these words is normally given only to those organisations which are carrying out research at the highest level or to professional bodies of the highest standing. You will need to show that there is a need for the proposed institute and that it has appropriate regulations or examination standards. You will need evidence of support from other representative and independent bodies.

The following words imply specific objects or functions:
assurance, assurer, insurance, insurer, re-assurance, re-assurer, re-insurance or re-insurer
benevolent, foundation or fund - names that include any of these words will be refused if they unjustifiably give the impression that the company has charitable status. If the company is limited by guarantee and has a non-profit distribution clause in the memorandum of association, then the name will normally be approved.
charter or chartered - names that include these words will be refused if they unjustifiably give the impression that the company has a Royal Charter. If the words are used to qualify a profession, Companies House will seek the advice of the appropriate governing body before considering whether to give approval.
charity - to use this word the company must provide a letter of non-objection from the Charity Commission. If the company is not intended to be a charity, a copy of the proposed memorandum and articles of association along with details of the company activities and an explanation of why the word is required must be forwarded to the Charity Commission.
chemist or chemistry
co-operative - if you wish to use this word, your company's Memorandum and Articles of Association should follow the rules generally associated with co-operatives in the UK.
Friendly Society or Industrial and Provident Society - Companies House will refer names which include these expressions to the Registrar of Friendly Societies for advice.
group - if use of this word implies several companies under one corporate ownership, then you will need to provide evidence of a parent and/or subsidiary association with two or more other British or overseas companies. If the name clearly shows that the company is to promote the interests of a group of individuals, then the name will normally be approved.
holding(s) - a company wishing to use this word must be a holding company as defined under section 736 of the Companies Act 1985.
patent or patentee - a name including either word will only be approved if it does not contravene the Copyright, Designs and Patent Act 1988.
post office - we are likely to seek advice on applications that include these words.
register or registered - Companies House treats every application for use of these words on its merits. Generally, it will seek advice from the appropriate governing body if names that include these words are linked with a professional qualification. The name will not be registered if it unjustifiably implies a connection with HM Government or a local authority. If such a connection actually exists, the name may be allowed if the appropriate body supports the application.
Sheffield - if you wish to use a name that includes the word 'Sheffield', we will need to establish details of the company's location and its business activities. We will also consult the Company of Cutlers in Hallamshire.
stock exchange - names including this expression will normally be refused unless there are special circumstances.
trade union - names including this expression will normally be refused unless they conform to legislation relating to trade unions.
trust - the word 'trust' can be used in many different senses. Each application is dealt with on its merits but the main uses of this word are as follows:
charitable trust - these companies need to have charitable objects and a non-profit distribution clause in the memorandum of association. You will be asked for confirmation that you have made, or will make, an application for registration as a charity with the Charity Commission. Scottish companies wishing to use the expression 'charitable trust' will need to apply to the Inland Revenue in Edinburgh as the Charity Commission has no jurisdiction in Scotland.
educational trust or artistic trust - such companies should have a non-profit distribution clause in the memorandum of association and the name should reflect the nature of the trust. The promoters should be of high standing in the field.
enterprise trust - these companies must have a non-profit distribution clause in the memorandum of association and they must be able to provide evidence of support from, for example, local authorities, businesses or banks.
family trust - such companies must be non-profit distributing and the objects must reflect the nature of the trust. Names of family trusts will usually be approved if the name as a whole identifies the company as such.
financial trust or investment trust - if you wish to use these expressions, you will need to provide a written assurance that substantial paid-up share capital or other funds will be achieved within a reasonable period after incorporation.
pensions or staff trust - the names of such companies must include the name of the parent company, and the objects of the company must include the operation of pension funds.
unit trust - if you wish to use this as part of your company name, you should seek the advice of Companies House in Cardiff. If the company is to be registered in Scotland, contact Companies House in Edinburgh.
Trade marks
The Registrar does not consult the Trade Marks Register when considering an application for a company name therefore, the registration of a name does not mean that trade mark rights do not exist. The onus is on you to verify that the name is free for use. You should also check local phone books and any relevant trade journals or magazines, to see if any other business is already using the name. If it is, you could face legal difficulties. If you have any intention to trade goods or services, you would be well advised to ensure your company name does not conflict with a registered trademark. It does not have to be identical with a trade mark to cause possible conflict. Problems can arise if a name is judged to be confusingly similar.
Using 'limited'
Limited companies must normally have the word 'limited' (or its Welsh equivalent 'cyfyngedig') as part of their company name. This may be abbreviated to 'ltd.' (or 'cyf.'). However, under Section 30 of the Companies Act 1985, some company names need not include the word 'limited' if they satisfy certain criteria.
To be exempt, a company must be a private company limited by guarantee; the objects of the company must be the promotion of commerce, art, science, education, religion, charity or any profession; and the memorandum or articles of association must say that:
- any profits, or other income, are to be spent in promoting the company's objects;
- no dividends are to be paid to members;
- if the company is wound up, all the assets are to be transferred to another body which has similar objects, or which promotes a charity.
Directions to change a company name
A direction to change a company name is a legal instruction for a company to pass a resolution adopting a new name and to register the change at Companies House within a specified time. A direction may be issued, for example, as a result of an objection being lodged by an interested party because one name is 'too like' another. The Secretary of State has statutory powers to direct a company to change its name in certain circumstances.
Change of company name
In order to change of company name the company must pass a special resolution in a general meeting, or all the members must sign a written resolution that the name of the company be changed to the new name. A signed copy of the resolution containing the new name should then be sent to the Registrar. A copy of the amended memorandum and articles must also be sent in at the same time as the change of name resolution(s). If all is in order, Companies House will then process the resolution and issue a Certificate of Incorporation on Change of Name. The name of the company is not changed until the new certificate is issued.
If all the documents are correct, the change of name will normally be processed within five working days from receipt at Companies House. Companies House also provides a premium service where we issue the change of name certificate on the same day as we receive the resolution.
Be careful to distinguish between a change of name and a change of status of a company. For instance, a company changing from J SMITH LIMITED to J SMITH & SON LIMITED is a change of name, but a company changing from J SMITH LIMITED to J SMITH PLC indicates a change of status from a private limited company to a public limited company.
Sole trader and partnership names
People operating as sole traders or in partnerships can trade under their own names, or choose a different business name.
If you decide to use a business name, there are a few rules to bear in mind. The name must:
- not be offensive
- not include the words limited, plc or equivalent
- not contain sensitive words and expressions, unless you've obtained permission to use them
Before you decide to use your chosen name, it makes sense to check whether it's already being used. If a sole trader at the other end of the country is using it, there may not be a problem. However, if another local business or a national firm is using it, you should definitely choose a different name. In order to find if anyone is using your proposed business name please:
- check local phone books, business directories and the Internet
- make sure that your proposed name - or something similar - hasn't been registered in Companies House
- make sure that the name isn't too similar to a word or expression that has been registered as a trade mark
Displaying your business name
There are a few requirements about displaying your business name - and other details - so that your customers and suppliers know who they're dealing with. You should not have any stationery printed until you're certain your proposed name is acceptable. For a limited company, this means waiting until registration is complete. At this point you'll receive a Certificate of Incorporation, showing the company's registered name and number.
- Your company name must be clearly shown outside every place of business - even a director's home if that's where the business operates from.
- Your company name must be included on all business letters, orders, payments, invoices, receipts and other business documents.
- Business letters and order forms must also show the company's registered address, number and place of registration.
- Your company name, number and registered office address should also be included on all of your office emails.
Getting your name on the web - Domain names
Even if you are not intending to create a website for your business immediately, you'll probably be using email and want to have a presence on the web at some point in the future. This could be a single screen advertising your company and giving contact details, or it could be a site that allows customers to browse through products, place orders and make payments online. For that reason you need domain name for your business.
Domain names is the website address, for example, is known as a domain name. For most businesses based in the UK, a name ending with is suitable. Your email address will normally include this name, for example
To reserve a domain name for your business, please see our IT service.
More informations
In order to find out more about name of your company or business, please see this links: